This summer I have to keep reminding myself this is my most important project. He is demanding and most content here in our spot. Although Addie has discovered he is ok sitting outside in his high chair watching the world. She is much tougher than I and not as interested in soothing him. He has had tremendous growth this past few months. In both size and strength. He can crawl from room to room now and is eating some food.
He is opinionated. She is too. She is beautiful and smart and so wanting to do big things.
A storm was coming again so we picked the roses before the wind and rain could destroy them. The cooler temperatures coupled with a very mild winter allowed for vigorous growth on the rose bushes.
These smelled so good.
We made bouquets and shared with some neighbors and friends. I love to share flowers but don't really like to be the one making the deliveries. It's hard for me to want to leave my house. Doing all this blogging in one big push shows me there are reasons why I am constantly tired.
I saw this post from a friend. I was inspired by her creative use of time. I decided we needed to be more creative this summer.
Afton knew what to do I was back nursing/ napping Jake. These girls got started. This picture is more complicated that I would have chosen for Andrea but she was insistent this was what she wanted. Seed cups waiting for the zuchinni seeds I was soaking for the garden we are suppose to be growing.
Afton helped Alia get started on her horse. She told her how to paint each section then Lia obeyed the instructions. Andrea wasn't as patient or willing to listen her picture did not turn out as well.
Livy also gave pointers. They turned out nicely. I did not participate further than showing them my friends project and printing pictures for them to paint. Next they will do a water color or colored pencil project. Maybe I will figure out how to set Jake down or just put him outside and do some art too. Or probably not.
After these pictures the kids started getting sick water had to happen again and life moves on. So many pictures on this blog are seriously seconds of our life not the norm. The norm is busy and then resting or gathering strength for the next push and a lot of maintenance. But they did enjoy this hour of time and Lia and Andrea produced pretty pictures. Life is good, much is work, but there are moments of beautiful and creative.












No comments:
Post a Comment