Summer has mostly passed. Life goes quickly and slowly. I was asked to speak at my friends funeral. Her family posted these pictures. So many people who shaped my life I have only in memory. It's odd to ask to snap a picture with them in the many interactions that are part of a knowing someone. Yet this lady was an important friend and teacher to my family. So I post her pictures to be part of our family record. She hired my kids to pull weeds with and for her. She was an excellent gardener. I was asked to be her visiting teacher. She was kind and patient to my small children not minding them exploring her house as we visited each month. She provided books for our relief society sisters sharing her great love of words and imagination with her fellow women. She counseled with me when I was a novice relief society leader. She welcomed my kids to her primary class then those same kids to her home to provide the sacrament each sunday for years and years. It was a good relationship of caring for neighbors. She will be missed. I prayed not to cry while speaking- I cried a lot but got through it. I prayed the spirit would take the message to the hearts of the people. I think that happened based on the many comments after.
I love the roses in my own yard. Again following the instruction from sister page we manage to keep them alive. They are regal in their design and hearty fighters for life. Returning year after year with pungent blossoms. They are beautiful. Another year of corn. I'm so thankful the season has been pretty mild. Reed and co are efficient and capable. Reed doesn't talk much he just gets the jobs done. The kids know what is expected and get it done. I continue washing very muddy clothes, dishes, and cooking food to keep the show going.
Another tire repaired and pivot returned to operation. I love this friendship and reliance. This is the good stuff of our family. Working together, doing hard things, and independence.
Reed doesn't talk much he just gets the jobs done. The kids know what is expected and get it done. I continue washing very muddy clothes, dishes, and cooking food to keep the show going. Jake is so excited when Reed comes home. Reed takes him for a few minutes snuggles and talks to him and heads to work. These are precious moments. Another testament to the power of babies with teenagers. The ability to care and love someone who adores you small increments daily. You become a hero just by walking in the room.
Grocery shopping lately means holding a totally asleep baby and navigating a store. Melons are the hardest to manage one handed. They are heavy and awkward to lift and drop. But we get it done. He is sweet. I also learned I'm suppose to lift heavy stuff everyday to stay healthy. I think this qualifies. He is my best heavy thing. And a gift from God. I would be absolutely lost to have no kids at home nad these big kids leaving for real. So for right now I still am doing what I know how taking care of little people and waiting on the big ones to share their adventures.
I went to do some dress shopping and took the younger kids. They enjoyed all the stuff available to buy. A first small intro to consumerism. Something that is so normal now and yet something so foreign to us. It just made me smile at their awe.
Life is busy and fast, and slow and sleepy right now. We are preparing for canning season starting maybe tonight after school. We have end of summer activities that get missed by pivots and pumps needing repair. There is sickness with back to school. Hand foot and mouth with the football team. Reed not yet. There are new opportunities- Livy in choir, Millie being the best friend of the kindergarteners. Challenges and successes. We keep living each day small steps that build into weeks, months, and years of growing. Life is good. We are abundantly blessed always. 










No comments:
Post a Comment