Saturday, October 24, 2020

10.24.20 Snapshots of a day

This guy makes homeschool hard, and pleasureable. Everyone enjoys holding him instead of doing their school work. He disrupts us with cries, but delights us with his smiles. We love our little kids and continue to work to meet everyone's needs. 
The students run away or may be done, I know I was taking a break to nurse the baby. I get so frustrated trying to manage everything that has to be done. I need pictures to in some small way to preserve this season of our life. 
Later in the day we got a frenzied call from a neighbor asking for help. I was thrilled to be able to help in this small way to neighbors who have been so helpful to us year in and year out. I love seeing my guys work together and help others. 
At home the kids were working on apples for canning. 
After taking over the cattle chute, we gathered for scriptures, which meant everyone gathered a book and shared some space. 



As I sat holding Greg's hand, weary from a long year, my heart was full to look at this crowded room that we had created. Kids that look like us and that try and bless us. Kids that are loud, loving, and full of life. I worry and work hoping that they will learn what they need in our home. As I look at these pictures, which are such a small hope of capturing love and unity in our home. We were counseled to make our homes places of refuge by President Nelson. We were together, preparing to engage in our habit of studying the word of God. We are seen indulging in our love of books and words, being together. My life is blessed! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment