We had a huge milestone this summer. John came home from Houston! The new mission president sent and updated itinerary I did not carefully read as I had logged in my brain and phone the original itinerary from April.So we were late picking John up. No hour of anticipation, just a phone call from Anna while we drove that John was waiting at the airport wondering where we all were. Oh epic mom fail. Another family welcomed him and talked with him while we got there. I got out and went in for my mom hug. The rest of the family waited while we gathered John and loaded up while trying to redirect other family to just meet us down the road at a restaurant.
In the car not sure of what's going on. At the eatery the hugs and reintroductions.
Seeing grandparents.
Meeting Jake who wasn't sure about this but was a good sport. I think these two share a lot of similarities as babies.
Great grandma was excited too.
After dinner we got some photos. My parents had left earlier to get back to work.
The crew hopped up on cotton candy and ice cream.
The temple age kids went to the temple and the rest of us went to Fred Myers because 105 is too hot to sit in the car. We wandered around for over an hour.
That weekend Anna and Joey and Harold and Lexi came. It was good to be together.
After John's homecoming address which was superb talking about the power of Jesus Christ, Joey was ordained by Greg to the Melchizedek priesthood. It was another step forward towards being sealed together. It was so good to be together and worship.
This is the only picture I got of some of my sons together. Its hard to be the person wanting to take pictures and yet really loving being able to look back on being together. Harold cut the guys hair, he gave Merle a shaved in design he was pretty happy with that. We ate some, we swam at the pool, we visited, the hair cuts happened, John gave a really great talk filling the time with inspiration, faith, and witness of how Jesus Christ improves our life.
I love having my children around and interacting with each other. I love seeing who they are becoming and happiness and confidence they have. I love how they joke and counsel with each other. This is a good spot to just be observing as they make their way in the world. We appreciate all the support and help from family and ward members. Life is good and we are very blessed.












No comments:
Post a Comment