Friday, September 25, 2026

The treasure valley is in full fall glory. We were blessed to attend two potato gleanings and gather our years supply.The kids are excellent potato gatherers. I remember being young and strong like Alena baby in one hand feeding the other hand working at whatever had to be done. The girls Marilla and Andrea are great helpers and best friends. 
Merle and Evander look very similar and also gathered a few bags worth. 
And the best part Aliza was here with us! She came for the weekend. Oh how we adore her presence. 
On yet another part run after potato picking we had time to kill so we played at the park. I'm not sure these younger kids have ever been taken to the park by their mother. Also because we were celebrating Aliza's being with us we shared ice cream from the store while we waited. 
Can you spot Millie reading?
A fun jungle gym. 
Reading with Aliza to gain some points. 
She accompanied me to the case lot sale. My back was so thankful for her strength. She zinged those 25 lbs bags no problem. So did I, but the 40lb rock salt bags were a bit much after the 60-80lb potato bags earlier in the week. At home Alia and Andrea learned to organize and put away the replenished supplies. 

 The world is changing fast right now. Prices are really soaring. I am thankful for opportunities to be prepared. As I read the Isaiah chapters and all the warnings about destruction I know that it is highly presumptuous to think my family would not have hardship and destruction. We are doing what we can to be ready and prepared for the days we live. So we play at the park for a few minutes, we ate ice cream, we worked and worked and worked some more and then we rested together. I'm so thankful for this group that is mine. And we attempted to mop the floor several times. Sometimes we got some clean tiles- then workers came in and it was no more, and sometimes the workers just played. That's life with kids always learning and stretching patience. All in all we are blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment