Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6.30.15 Story time

This summer our library asked for volunteers for story time. We love books so we volunteered. It was CRAZY!! but all's well that ends well.
We did a pancake theme. We shared "If you Give a Pig a Pancake..." From there we acted out the little red hen and then ground wheat with a hand grinder and prepared pancake mix with the kids. Then we mixed up some of the mix and made pancakes.



So the highlights were Aliza ground 40 lbs soft white wheat for this activity. We left all the leavening ingredients at home. The stone mill was put together backwards and the screw was stuck. We called Greg for HELP! He of course came to our rescue and saved the day loosening the screw so it could be assembled correctly, and then dashing to the grocery store for the missing ingredients.


Besides being flustered it was fun! Someday I'm going to have it all together but right now I just have us all together! And so we can and do accomplish lots of things. The best part of blogging is remembering (from a distance) and thus realizing the goodness that is mine.


The theme of the summer reading program is every story has a hero and mine does too his name is Greg and how thankful I am for him always helping me succeed. Marriage is great! And I used my ag degree teaching children how flour is made. Fun memory.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you to take on something like that! I was asked to do something similar for my kids school last year and I was like, "how am I going to watch my kids while I'm teaching the school kids?!", so I declined. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete