Sunday, October 2, 2016

10.2.16 keep on going

These days my time is spent looking at this guy. Just like this. Hours and hours sitting trying to calmly nurse my baby. Obviously being a very old lady with a lot going on this has been a much more difficult task than I remember last time. ( although my better remembering half says this is pretty much our normal for all our babies).


Yet however hard, frustrating, tear enducing it is to just sit and sit there are moments even now that make it all good.



 Conference. I use to sleep with Harold on my chest. It was the only way he would truly rest. He enjoyed trying his skills with little Brucey. Bruce isn't super comfortable with lots of commotion, but he is pretty calm with Harold and Anna caring for him. I just appreciate a small break in holding him.


At pack meeting. We were noting the size differences. Livy is half Harold's size and Bruce is about a tenth.

I was really struck with elder uctdorfs talk about faith and how it's not making God do what you want but doing what God asks and having his help. I knew over 8 years ago we would have 11 kids. I've wondered who and what they would be. It is amazing to have 11 kids in my home. It is challenging and humbling. It is so good too. I appreciate all the kind support from dinners, to herbs, to words of affirmation and love. So many family and friends have kept this experience from becoming a full on train wreck. My kiddos have been completely normal and fantastic.
We are surviving and so grateful for all the  kind angels in our midst. Thank you.

1 comment: