Saturday, June 17, 2017

6.17.17 Summer so Far

Well we are entering week 4 four (I think) of summer and we are doing a lot of this. Cooking, then cleaning. 


Aliza was really sick with a bladder moved into kidney infection. After trip one to two to the doctor office we made secret ingredient chocolate pudding. I had the little girls with me and while we waited on the visit we watched the know more tv show. They suggested adding avocado and banana to add substance to pudding. We love pudding and I always like making food more nutritious so Livy and I tried it out. Final consensus YUM!


Harold and his buddy Bruce. Love that Bruce is getting so big. Once upon a time  Harold had a few chin rolls now he has stretched into a long lean workin' machine. He is such a blessing to GReg. He is meeting quite a few interesting people this summer. I'm thankful for all the encounters and how my son is shaping his character. Old time apprenticeships make sense on so many levels especially for young men who get so tired of the monotony and plainness of current educational styles.


And even Bruce likes to cook. We were getting ready for the boys to go to fathers and sons and preparing their dutch oven contribution when Bruce decided carrots were much tastier than the tine foil liners. He is so busy and involved in all the happenings of our house. We are sure thankful for the pleasant little/big guy he is becoming.


So that's about the sum total of our summer. Kids work, we read. I cook and clean up while they are thus engaged. It's hard not to go totally crazy. In light of the too many cancer diagnosis swirling around our town and other a-typical ailments I will try to be grateful for our mundane existence. I am super thankful for medicine and that Aliza is finally feeling better. I week almost down in bed. When she gets sick she really gets sick. Now back to the sink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment