Thursday, August 7, 2014

8.7.14 A Pot story

After going to the temple with Alena on Saturday we headed to do some shopping, attempting to refill our pantry for the coming school year. We went to our favorite restraunt supply store. We were standing in the checkout line when I remembered we committed to buy forks for the upcoming reception. I sent Greg to grab some forks. He spotted the large pots high up on a wall and was caught in male excitement for tools.


I am however caught up in the rush to get 6 kids outfitted and supplied for the fast approaching school year. Years ago, every time I turned around it was another 100 dollars for supplies or repairs, now it's 300 dollars. Lovely! So we are on totally different playing fields with totally different objectives.

Thus a fight ensued over the pot. Greg was thinking Tim-the-toolman style bigger is better. He chose the biggest pot he could find. We had just completed doing corn the following year. He was thinking of the hundreds of ears of corn we cook per year. I was thinking of the 1 time a year we cook that much corn and our total lack of space to store such a monster in our very limited space home.
See that smile. He was in heaven. Tools!! There's a reason he is a mechanic, he informed me he was so grateful I was unaware of all the tools he buys. I know I do the bills...I just have gotten past worrying about that.


It was a battle. I was tired. I was frustrated. I could not believe we were having such a heated discussion over something so trivial. It ended in not getting a pot. It was so ridiculous! The cashiers were discreet and on his side and I was so mad at being treated like the little woman. Oh well, all's well that ends. No pot, absolutely NOT!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment