Monday, November 7, 2016

11.7.16 Halloween

This halloween we broke the old traditions and tried some new activities. This year my parents hosted a hayride to the pumpkin patch in the garden my sister planted. it was a fun night. Still amazing how large our family has become. The kids had a great time riding, running, and driving the tractor on this night. We enjoyed a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows for dinner. So fun. 



We tried on costumes Sunday night. I am not a big Halloween fan but the kids of course loved dressing up and getting ready for the great candy haul.


John getting a turn driving the crew. They sure love this experience with Papa. I'm very thankful for his ideas and willingness to patiently teach so many kiddos how to drive. Old tractors are the best for learning to drive. Slow and a bit resistant to sudden movements they hold the course pretty well.




I was thinking last week how we just do the same things year after year. But this year we have missed back to school pictures and now pumpkin carving. So we are changing it up this year. Not necessarily for the better but because we are so busy and stretched among so many commitments. I think we will survive. the kids smiles are not so rare I have to capture them in pictures I'm not sure they missed that activity for the others that happened instead. Life is good and changing from one year to the next!



No comments:

Post a Comment