Monday, December 12, 2022

12.12.22 Sick and Putting up the tree

After too many days of this, kids sleeping for long stretches and just being lethargic coupled with another round of fevers, and missing 1-2 days of school a week for a while,  I loaded 7 of them into the big van and we headed to the doctors. 
All 7 were positive strep. We were so thankful to have been tested and treated in the car. Taking the kids in the doctors office is like trying to corral wild animals the rooms aren't big enough there is too much to tough and not enough to see.. it's a wild mess. Thankfully the nurses and doctor came to us it was great. And while there is a shortage of amoxicillin in the valley we were able to get what we needed although the dosage is 1x less per day than in the past. So far everyone seems to be getting better. 

With the realization we all probably had strep I scooped up the rest of the kids and headed back to town. They were less than thrilled but much more able to sit and just hangout. After the tests where only 3/5 were positive we headed to pie, french fries and hot chocolate. 



And Reed scored the last cinnamon roll of the day. I had bet him a milkshake he did have strep. He told me no way he was well and to boot he has no tonsils. Mark also has no tonsils but he had strep, but he is a notorious sharer from other peoples water cups so serves him right to be sick though he had no symptoms. 

These three are mostly gone from the house. They come home to eat and do homework but a lot of their time is spent working. John at the shop and Addie and Reed on the farm. They are awesome at what they can do, they don't like to waste time or to be seen much they like to be ignored so they can do what they want. One was getting pretty mouthy and rude. While I told them to be quiet and mostly wanted to kick them out of the car to walk home, I knew that would be irresponsible and counter productive. While waiting for the last round of medicine I knew would take a while, the thought came to me - "feed them, make this a good moment, it's just money." So being close the a favorite restaurant from my youth I instructed them to follow me. They were surprised at my order but enjoyed the results. It melted the mouth and we had a pleasant conversation. And we all felt better with some food in our belly. I spent 10 hours away from home that day at doctors and pharmacies. I'm so thankful for the meds. By the next day the kids were chasing each other around again being loud and noisy. It is good to be getting better. 




At home Addie began the project of the Christmas tree. She brought it up from the farm and after attaching the limbs and stringing the lights the kids were turned loose to decorate. 

Andrea preferred to keep my in view. She too had tested positive for strep a rareity for a baby to get it but with all her sharing and the loving she gets it was no surprise. I was so tired but somehow we managed to eat something and complete the night time routine. I'm thankful for the unseen hands that help me along. 


These two were the hesitation for the tree. They are enamored. But hey that's what it's for to entertain and entice their eyes and hands. I love how close they are and how much they care for each other. 
And after cousin Henley's baptism we walked through another ward setting up their Christmas party we took advantage of the backdrop all ready for use and snapped a picture of the kids that were with me. 
Then we headed to pizza which was another experience but important to development. I'm a blessed mama to have health, strength, love, and beauty all around. Christmas is a fun traditional holiday. We are blessed with lots of excitement. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment