Thursday, March 28, 2024

3.28.24 Days go by

Anna and Harold came home for the weekend a few weeks ago. It was so nice to be together for a few hours. I'm so pleased with who they choose to be. It's no easy task to figure out your life, I'm still working on details, but it's so comforting to have a group that loves you no matter what. 
We started kindergarten prep with Alia. She is a smart cookie, just like her older siblings she is anxious to learn and already knows a lot. It's a pleasure to teach her. 
And she loves to share her progress with her older siblings. 
Greg bought a new to us, carry-all, for the farm a few weeks ago. He and Bruce went on a Friday to retrieve it, thinking he would tow it home behind the pick-up. The auctioneers saw that as a poor idea and suggested bringing a trailer the next day. So the next day I got to ride shotgun and travel to Lagrand with Greg. On the way home we got a flat tire and had to stop for a repair. While waiting for the replacement we were directed to a restaurant across the street. Greg got this monster dinner. He loved it. We were almost finished when some people walked in with a great Dane dog that they instructed to get up in the booth with them. The dog went to drinking water from their glasses and rubbing its backside all over the bench. I was sickened. Greg had his back to the event and was just laughing watching it all. I got up to pay after the waitress petted the dog and then brought our water refills with no hand washing in between I was done. I paid, Greg insisted I tip, and we went away hoping hands had been washed sometime prior to serving us. 
Merle was preaching the good word one evening. He's so cute, and I love his desire to know and speak of Jesus. 

I found this one day and thought it really applied to our January, Febrary, and March leading up to the FFA state convention. 
The night before the last day of school I worked to make tortillas and beans for Livy's final project. 
Lemon sunshine cake for Reed's birthday. 
And a pie that is not pictured for Addie's math class. 
The next day we headed to the doctor I figured out the white stuff in Merle's hair was gum. Alia was fine I had a treatable condition, and we cut the gum out of Merle's hair. 
Life is super busy sometimes. Often I think I have something wrong with me lacking energy like I think i use to have. But when I think of all that is required in one day and then the next and next I may have some clues. I'm thankful for the abilities of the kids that balance out their tired-out mom. I'm thankful for the many journeys we are on, and the health and strength we mostly enjoy. Life is good and we are all together still loving and working together. We are so blessed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment