Friday, May 27, 2016

5.27.16 Pictures in time

We were reading scriptures and I looked over at my big kids and had to take a picture. I wanted to remember them in their wise glory. I wanted to remember and show how big and reverent they have become. We were having a decent discussion and they harmonized color wise. Mostly I just wanted to remember.


Of course my slow flash alerted them to my attempt so I really got this first. After reprimanding them I told them to sit up and be brave so I got the picture above.


I write so often about how big they are getting because it really wasn't that long ago that this was my family.



This was Aliza's first day or two home. They were all under 2 1/2. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage and it was pretty busy with babies and crying. Yet we got through it. They are so cute and precious in their pictures and I honestly tear up a little each time I run across them as little people. Now I haven't stopped with little people in my home. I love them all. We still have lots of crying and learning happening but I marvel at how we have got the point of such capable, likeable, independent people as they are today.
(And I could be a hormonal mess from pregnancy fluctuations which is entirely possible.)

There is no replacing or sidestepping the individual journey and attributes of each of the people that live in my home. They have each walked the road differently and add a different dynamic to our overall family unit. I am often tired, not because I do so much, but because analyzing, caring for and hopefully nurturing all these lives constantly. It wears me out and gives me inner strength and hope.
 I feel my mortality more than I want to. I see them doing and being who I am/was in my minds eye. However I ache, I run out of breath and I struggle with bending. My muscles quiver and really I can't do what they do with ease. I will again someday- I hope, that's my goal. Give me a few months of 5+ hours straight sleep at night and only one person to carry around and I think I can regain some of the strength I once had.
But maybe maturing is a trade off. A switch from outer ability to inner ability. Maybe it's transforming from a strong person to a meek person who can be strong in spurts, but has gained wisdom to know where to apply strength and has learned strength comes from God. Things like repentance, faith, forgiveness, love, charity, patience. Maybe that's the strength of age?


My little prophetess was preaching a sermon while we read scriptures. She is a cutey who is always coming up with some new way to share her beginning feelings of faith and love of God.

For my birthday Sue had a trivia game for the kids to answer about me. One of the questions was what is your mother's favorite scripture? Sadly my scripture has been the same since high school Ecc. 3:1-5:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace

But now I would also add from the same chapter:
10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
 11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time:
 13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God

My time and season has changed. I have seen travail and I have been exercised in different ways. I have also seen daily that there are beautiful things and that enjoying your labor is critical in not loosing sight of the end of the means. Today is good. Mortality is good. And growing is great. Best to you this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment