Friday, March 12, 2021

3.12.21 Stay At Home Mom conundrum

 The World is such a wacky weird place right now. All that was good is bad and what is bad is fine and protected. Yesterday I read an article saying that Stay at Home Mothers (SAHM) show their children bad examples by staying home. The author explained that ambitious people are attracted to each other and by one of them opting to stay home they were becoming the lesser of the two and that was bad to show children. HA-HA-HA!



SAHM life is not doing nothing. My days are filled with responsibility. From the early morning consult with the accountant to the scheduling appointments and doing ground work for my children's lives and needs. From the constant washing of dishes, clothes, surfaces, people and hands I am busy all day. Even when I am sitting I am caring for the baby, teaching, learning for school lessons, explaining a concept, reaching out to a friend or making more appointments or finding pricing for items we need. 

My place at home is critical and essential to the future of my family and their families. My time teaching, nurturing, caring for, directing/disciplining and loving this group is making for healthy and pleasant people for the future. Life is good and I am not lacking in ambition. 


Yes I gained degrees at that time in my life when the opportunity was there. I have since moved on and raised my children in different time periods. I feel like this new world through COVID and beyond is demanding more of me than I can give but I will not turn a weary eye on the great wickedness of words and ideas that are being propagated and put into the new normal way of life. So no matter the personal cost of leisure and laziness I will work more educating, teaching, explaining, and testifying to my children of what is true and what is incorrect. 

As I cuddled Greg and baby Merle this morning he chuckled as I told him the premise of this news article. He laughed about how I was rescued from feminist ideology, by him, as I meandered through graduate school studies. How thankful my heart is that I did not fall into that abyss of lies and self-denial. How thankful I am to have 13 loving, sticky, demanding, and amazing people that I have created with God and my husband. I am grateful for my life as a mother, nothing is more important or more ambitious than creating and shaping the future. 

I am thankful for eternal truths. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given and had strength to choose. I am blessed beyond words with love and joy that is second to nothing money can buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment