Monday, March 20, 2023

3.20.23 Day by Day

People keep asking if we are counting the days until anna comes home. Yes and no. Her return is most welcome and we are excited to see her, but the truth is everyday has projects and activities for the kids here that we are trying to keep at the right place on the right day while managing everyone either being or not being at that place. It's a lot to keep track of everybody and all that is expected of them. Last week Millie participated in a wax museum biography project. This has been a major undertaking in the past. This year Millie's teacher did it all in class. That was nice but caused a bit of a disconnect. Millie took care of all the details all I did was mend and iron her dress. I'm thankful for her independence. The resulting day was awesome!
 
I've been yearning for some personal fulfilment so right now painting is my outlet of choice. I made these cards as thank you for all the help we received after my surgery. 


Reed had a final project for school Addie helped and I was able to paint some for him too. We sure appreciate Addie helping make projects look good. 

Andrea is so curious she wants to be a part and figure out everything that goes on here. 
She hangs on my legs wanting to be picked up to see more of what I'm doing. 
Greg and I stopped at DI on our way home to drop off a donation we then went inside and brought home more than what we donated. The boys got yellow shirts. My experience with their older brothers is orange and yellow shirts are favorites. I was so thrilled to find so many things we needed to make my kids look like they are cared for and not orphans. 
It was so inviting in the evenings last week I went for a walk. It was nice and odd to be alone. I walked to some new land we are renting. We have a lot of work and decisions to make this year a success. Lots to be done but the weather demands we wait. 
A classic picture my grandmother would have taken. We were so impressed with the water flows and amount of snowpack. This has all improved and changed tremendously in the month between our last trip across the state. We were thrilled. Most people don't understand our interest in water but as agriculture is in our blood and livelihood we daily pray for moisture and know it is the lifeblood of living in the west. 

Snow up to the third fence line. That's really good. This is not melting yet and our reservoir is about half full. Too bad it doesn't hold more and is so full of silt. But nonetheless we will be grateful for what we have!!

 We are always thankful for clear roads and little traffic. It's always nice to get away. As Bend was our first couple only getaway years ago it's always nice to look forward to that time alone. IT's good after all the busyness of raising a family, running two businesses, and the miscellaneous other stuff that comes up to spend time just us talking and removed from the stress of the day to day. I'm always thankful we are still good friends and like each other a lot. We're thankful we didn't have to cross the big mountain passes and grateful the kids at home fared just fine. Bryce and Alena hosted them on Saturday and the kids enjoyed games, jumping on the trampoline and a day different than the norm. We are blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment