Thursday, June 1, 2023

5.28.23 Last Week of School


With all the track events the last week of school definitely came as a surprise. I did manage to be at the right place at the right time to see these kiddos gain awards for the year.
Reed getting his name recognition for being a super reader. I think he made 2500 points this year. 
Afton got ixl and iready completion awards and the class award for being a peacemaker.
 Livy at the end got a water bottle for being the student that is most creative. Phew that was a good save so she wasn't totally bummed at earning no others. I have kids who get all the awards I have kids who get no awards. As a mom I get it on both sides. It's honestly hard on both sides. The attention when we are well aware there are others with nothing, and the nothing side wondering why there wasn't one thing that could be celebrated so this water bottle, especially since Afton and Millie had already been given one for different talents, was really special. I appreciate when teachers stretch and make those things happen. 
  Millie got all her math fact mastered, 50 states memorized, and some reading awards. 
Afton's first and second grade class from this year. 
Pictures from district. She is intent. This race was such a bummer a teammate decided they couldn't win and ran her slowest pace of the year. Addie working to make up time was not fast enough to do the job of two. 
Taking off. 

We took plants to my moms to get more garden going. They don't have near the problem with deer so that's one less problem. 
Bruce is also working on taming the chickens. He's so cute and into the animal stuff. 
These two just want to know where mom is all the time. I think that's pretty normal. I'm thankful they don't have any higher expectations or needs right now. I'm wrung out from all the stuff. 
Another year in the books. My level of care ebbs and flows mostly just on autopilot trying to cover all the many bases and remember all the different stuff requested, required, and right now. Life is good we grew a lot, passed some important milestones, and managed. We are blessed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment