Monday, October 30, 2017

10.30.17 Pumpkin Carving

Yep it's the changing of the seasons marked by the annual carving of pumpkins. We enjoyed a more able evening last night as the kids are growing and at least half were able to complete the creative messy project alone. Bruce was delighted by the whole endeavor. He was also generously covered in pumpkin guts by his siblings.




John is always going for a laugh and this time he got to use knives double win!



THe kiddos really enjoy this tradition. I was musing how the simple things seem to be the most lasting here. This is a project passed on from my family. Greg had never carved a pumpkin until we married. He still doesn't get overly excited about it but doesn't stop it from occurring either. I asked the kids if they would do this when they were grown up they surmised probably but they would grow their own pumpkins. 
Aliza found these white pumpkins and immediately imagined Olaf. She is a perfectionist and we had many words about just creating the idea of Olaf not fussing over the exactness of the real character. I think we are going to fight the perfection battle a lot. I think we always had, I now recall her organizing biscuits on a cookie sheet because I had not lined them up exactly. Oh my lovely daughter life doesn't have to be exact in every area. Nonetheless her pumpkins turned out very unique just like her. 


The annual lighting. We were reminded that John is  a pyromaniac. Should have been tipped off by the matches found under his pillow. Oh well another evening in the books.


No comments:

Post a Comment