Wednesday, November 13, 2019

11.13.19 My Sons

My sons are usually outside working. It is the one way to keep my house standing and preserve the semi-peace within. There is also a plethora of chores and activities that need to be completed that are beyond my scope, ability, and or desire to complete outside thus the boys go to work every day. I occasionally join them either to check-up on what they are doing or not, and or to be the adult needed to get the job done. They are not big on having their pictures taken and thus I have few to no pictures of them in their natural or resting home state. Last night while driving the water truck and watering the various herds of cows I took the opportunity and snapped some shots. 


I do enjoy working with these guys. They know the procedures and even when they fail to mention important warnings or instructions until after I have learned the hard way they are pretty good at not mentioning my mistakes. They definitely take care of their mom in their own way. It's interesting to listen to them and try to keep up with what they know.


Face mask is so helpful when you spend the day outside. This one has become a fought-over part of outside winter wear.


Oh how thankful we are for a few necessary farm accessories
1.the Dewalt flashlight is so powerful and long-lasting. We LOVE them and use them daily. Rechargeable battery that lasts for weeks on end and the ability to see long distances and clearly in the dark short winter days.
2. Carhart outerwear. It is the best!! You don't get wet from snow and rain, it is strong enough to hold off the chill when riding the four-wheeler and it doesn't tear easily. We have a pile of these thanks to eBay and craigslist and we love the brand. Again a big part of why I don't hesitate to send those energetic guys out to get the work done.


This guy is quickly growing up and wants to be with the boys. His sisters are dismayed that he wears pink snow pants but they fit and as fast as he grows he might as well no one else has really used them they will also be destroyed in farm work so he will be colorful this season. The hat is another must have on the farm. The wind in the ears is painful these hats are what we all wear when we are outside more than half an hour. 

And my guys at home waiting for our family study time. I am blessed with these talented, funny, strong, young men in my home. Mostly they are nice- sometimes that takes some reminding and firm encouragement. They make me laugh and are who I mostly depend on to do the ehavy lifting and outside problem solving here. They are friends and wrestling buddies. 

Life is good I am blessed to have both sides of the coin the girls and the boys both of which keep me on my toes and fill my heart to the brim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment