Wednesday, November 6, 2019

11.6.19 FFA and blankets for vetrans

Anna is the district president for FFA this year. Recently the district Ag Sales and SErvices & job interview contest was held in Ontario. Anna has competed in this contest several times and new of the long hours spent waiting for your turn and then results. A lot of hours with a lot of kids just waiting. Her grandmother Corn suggested using some of that time to do a service project. We love tying blankets around here. I buy the fabric and sew the top and the bottom then I have clubs or groups my kids are involved with tie them. It's an easy win and a much-needed item in the cold winter months. 

Getting the blankets ready and a cute Bruce.


Another of Addie's gorgeous sunset pictures.
And pictures that literally melted my heart. Patriotism right there! And an easy way to socialize and shake off some pre-competition jitters.





I took the blankets a few days later to the Veterans administration where they were distributed to homeless veterans. I love projects like this. Fast enough to complete in few minutes and a way for lots of people to work together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment