Tuesday, January 19, 2021

1.19.21 College bound

I have few pictures of the whole drop off, end of my full nest life. I was working to be in the moment yet not too much in the moment for fear of just crying and refusing to let it happen. Motherhood is always such a ying and yang. Good and bad all together in one. Awesome so excited she is going to school and doing so well. So sad to not be here and part of our dynamic, yet still a big part of our life just far away though close through face time. 
The last meal. A gracious abundant feast at five guys thanks to Greg. After we had toured campus and unload all her stuff. 
The campus tour that gave Harold a taste of college experience vs. high school and what he wants to do and what he is willing to do education wise. 
This is the welding shop looking at their collection of tools and machines. It was all good until we met the professor who eschewed dirty work... which after two weeks I'm glad he explained so we could adjust plans accordingly.

I'm thankful Anna has family nearby. Especially when she told me after this quick encounter how great it was to have a hug. I remember those feelings, and I'm thankful for all my answered prayers in her behalf. They come from so many different places but I really appreciate my brother & sister in-law making time and effort to stop and check-in. Friendly faces mean the world when you are living in a new land of friendly strangers.

Anna chose to stay close to campus on her first long weekend break. I was proud of her resolve and thankful she also chose to go visit family with some younger kiddos. After living an entire life with small children around it is pretty lonely to not get snuggled and loved by little kind bodies. Thus this picture is especially tender because this cousin has really taken to his friend Anna. 
Life rolls on and we are thankful for this oldest daughter. For her brave, her resolve, her testimony, and her grit. She is doing so well and is kind to share her journey with us. We are also grateful for a large family who also loves her and shares their space and heart with her. We are blessed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment