Thursday, August 26, 2021

8.26.21 Talents

I got some pictures of sheet music and then the message Elder Saunders was working with a former leader of the tabernacle choir. I was surprised but hopeful he would use that strong voice of his for good! 
He of course met the man and got a picture. Harold has a real knack for meeting people and talking to them. Later he shared they had a devotional with Elder Bednar, who later came to their district and interviewed each of them about what they had felt or learned. Again Harold seeks to know others. He's doing well the light is showing in his eyes. He says he's lost 9 pounds and requests snacks. I'm thankful he gets this experience. It's interesting to watch. I'm thankful for the flow of communication. 

With the kids back in school I'm taking some time for me. Livy and I go on walks or have for a few days. We headed up to the bubblers to clean them one morning. She of course observed curious treasures. It feels good to breathe easier and take some time to focus more individually on my kids.

One of the hardest parts of leaving their school was the lack of rewards for reading. Of course that didn't stop them but man are they ready to reap some big hauls! This is a smattering of the books Reed read this summer. Oh my heart be still! He did a lot of reading. The Louis L'Amour stack would be about 3 times this size. 


 Addie taught them how to access the site from home and so he and Millie spent an hour taking test on all the books the remembered reading! I'm so pleased with their desire to read. Even Merle sits with books. We are so fortunate to have so many books in our home and libraries so easy to access. 

No comments:

Post a Comment