Wednesday, June 1, 2022

6.2.22 Aliza temple

April 22 general conference reminded and informed listeners that Young Women who graduated, are spiritually mature, and are ready could take out their endowments. Aliza met all those requirements. She made the arrangements for her interviews and appointment at the temple. She was admittedly the first girl in the stake to do this without having an engagement of mission call. She is ready for this step and is thankful for the opportunity to focus on the temple without the stress or distraction of those life changing events. 
We were thankful for all who came to support her. It's always so good to be in the temple with family.
 


My sisters Mary and Annie and Uncle Clay Shrinking to our height. 


Proud grandparents on both sides. 


I was so worried about these ladies. Addie told me she doesn't mind other peoples babies but mine are just annoying. With that and the past experience of her just letting Andrea cry as she ignored her I was anxious to get back with them. Thankfully I knew Aliza was in good hands with her grandmothers so after hugging her and checking with her quickly I went to find Andrea and Addie. 

All was well they both survived. Another Andrea and Aliza adventure. 

Getting to the temple was particularly trying. We left early enough to drop off Greg's parents at the temple then we went to retrieve a car Greg had bought for a customer. All was going well enough, though slow, until I tried to start the car after getting gas. Nothing but a click time after time. I went in to ask the attendant if per chance he had jumper cables. He did not. After returning to the vehicle a neighboring gas person noticed my alarmed face and offered to help me push the car. Thankfully it was all downhill I just had to step on the brake. He had a jumper pack but it was not charged enough to offer relief. I thanked him and he was on his way. Finally after several calls to Greg about what to do. I went to the local Wal-Mart and bought my own jumper cables. Another gas station customer offered to help me jump the car. He gave me enough charge to get the windows up. By that time Aliza had arrived- I had sent her to the temple thinking I would be right behind. I thanked the kind helper men and jumped in the car with Aliza. 

We were late but she assured me they would not kick us out of the temple. I marvel at her calm. She is amazing. I feel like I'm on the looney train. She of course was correct the temple was happy and waiting for us. Aliza had a great experience. All worked out. After our temple evening and celebration we returned to the vehicle by way of an O'Reilly autoparts store where we purchased a battery. Greg quickly changed it and made it home with no incident. 

Life is good we are blessed to have a temple in our midst and to be able to also share those blessings, protection, and instruction with our children. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment