Saturday, June 4, 2022

6.4.22 Memorial Day

Memorial day dawned rainy and cold. I cannot remember a memorial day that was so wet. Thankfully Addie had harvested a bucket full of flowers prior to the rain. We rushed out the door after a 2 hour delay to the flower organizing portion of the day. 

 I love arranging flowers. I love the color and beauty of each variety. I love thinking about who loved what kind and how we can remember the part they played in this experience called mortality. 
They kids played while the ladies worked. My dad's tractor from his childhood still going strong. That solid cast iron last and lasts. 



My cute teenage crew. They are amazing and becoming the new leaders at our home. 
Inside out of the elements the girls played. I love noticing the different places the girls were playing attention. Cambree loves babies and was anxious to get her hands on Andrea. She does well with her. 
At the party the girls love being with their cousins. 



Working on a puzzle. 
The food. Man we eat well. This year Kevin's new employee Josh BBQ'ed Texas style it was divine. 


There is something so satisfying to sharing a meal with friends and family. I loved the safe space with plenty of insulation to cut down on noise that the kids enjoyed running and playing. 
The hay ride needed a bit of preparation. 
A picture was necessary. The two Millie's. 


New cousins getting ready for the hay ride. 
The pros finding their spots.




Anyone who wants to gets a turn to drive the train.

These goons spent a lot of time loading and unloading Bruce on and off the wagon. 
Addie challenged them to run. They complied though she called them weak when they were done after 1/2 a mile. She of course ran the entire way back. 

A visit with grandma telling her of the ride. 
There were plenty of leftovers so everyone topped off after the ride. 
Bruce using his muscles to help with cleanup. 

A cousins picture. 

On to the cemetery to decorate the graves. The rain had stopped but it was a blustery cold event. My dad gave explanations to Michael. He knows so many up there and he remembers. My dad is fabulous at remembering and ministering to the one. I like to think that our efforts to remember those that have passed also warm their eternal spirits. 





Reed and cousin James. 
The kids are impressed with the elaborate and volume some gravesites show. 
They also run a bit. Embree was teaching Addie how to skip correctly. 
A few more hay ride shots. Obviously a great place to capture smiles. 


And at home after a long day resting and warming up. 

 We are blessed to remember, to take time to visit and make new memories to break bread and share life with those we love. I'm thankful for those who came back from my past and made the day better. I'm thankful for family who cares through thick and thin. I'm thankful for parties and parents who host great ones. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment