Thursday, November 19, 2015

11.19.15 Drone

This last weekend our local drugstore had a family fun night. Usually we shy away from these kinds of outings,  as large crowds of people with hands-on activities are just too overwhelming for me at this time. However there was a need for some helpers so I volunteered my super-duper daughters to be there. We cautiously entered the doors only to have one of our best family outings in quite a while.

The entire high school gym was filled with toys to try out. Kids could play and test out toys for the entire two hours. The little girls were enchanted with a hot dog stand and tent, and large stuffed animals. The girls helped with the photo booth and made craft projects. The boys got to practice flying drones, helicopters, and racing remote control cars and trucks knocking down cardboard block obstacles. It was super fun. The ceilings are high the halls are long and no one minded the crashes. This was an experience I always say no to. My parental admonitions in the car were "Be careful, I don't want to buy broken toys, be reasonable with what you do!!"

 The event turned out to be low key. Parents played guitar hero, visited and waited on the comfy bleachers.  The area was large enough, it was not crowded. We had a truly enjoyable time. (I did not do guitar hero but Addie did.)

One of the challenges was to fly a drone into a basket. These are tricky items much more maneuverable than they appear. So this was no small feat. Of course my very determined son decided he could accomplish that task, and did, and was the only one to do so. This resulted in his winning a drone!




Now our house is not as easy to fly about as the high school gym but it has merited many moments of enjoyment from the whole crew. Harold is so pleased, he didn't even shy away from these pictures.
This is one way we enjoy our safe haven at home. We play. I'm working on balancing the work and the necessity with the rest and recreation. I'm mostly working on my panicked attitude that we can't get everything done.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right!!!" This is my new motto. I am trying to think I can more often and not flattening my own tires with my negative assurance I can't. And with all learning it will take a while. Best to you today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment