Monday, April 11, 2016

4.11.16 Moving on


Aliza post biography project. We told her she looked just like Anna with wavy hair. She washed it out before school the next day and usually looks like this. She is proudly displaying her personal reading trophy. She has read an outrageous amount (over 6000 AR points, the next high reader in her class has 1500). I believe that she has changed or charted the course of her life. I'm curious to see where this skill and talent takes her future. And I'm ready for her to move on to more challenging academic adventures. She can read well yes, now it's time to sift through that knowledge and progress forward.


And our Sunday school class. Our ward was blessed with many babies last year. So exciting!! Our baby this year is one of 2, which is a little sad.
 This sweet girl was loving Afton as her mom was kindly sharing her stash of Ritz crackers with all the little ones. I have early meetings and enough bags with church books, manuals, and reports that I don't bother with a diaper bag anymore. I am not a pack mule. Thus poor Afton is not fed throughout church and has to be content with said manuals and hymnals. Today was entertaining to watch the various developmental stages and progress of each little one. I love the understanding that families are the central reason for the creation of the earth and the great part they play in God's Grace helping us to be happy here and eternally, and how families help us return to Him.


I have no more pictures we have been busy living our chaotic life and haven't pulled the trusty phone out to capture the moments. Thus I guess they are lost. We have worked and learned, fought and corrected, and hopefully moved froward in our goal to becoming better and more prepared to live in His presence someday.
And sometimes we just endure and persevere in the mundane business of living life. Laundry, dishes, homework, chores etc with some wedding receptions and ditch shoveling thrown in for good balance.
I can honestly say it's good my sons are learning to shovel ditch.
My uncle always said that when his employer's saw that and fence building on his resume they knew they had a guy who knew how to work and he would be a good employee. Those skills also gave him the confidence to gain his degree and become a success in various careers because "nothing is as hard as shoveling ditch or building fence." I hope my sons can eventually internalize these lessons and blisters to become successful ambitious men someday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad that I don't know any of the babies in that picture. :( I guess I was gone too long!

    ReplyDelete