Tuesday, August 22, 2017

8.23.17 back to school

Ahh, another school year. This year I have 8 school age children!! So far we were up and ready early. Everyone had oodles of time to spare catching the bus. I got my walk in and we are off to a good start, I hope. I have been very apprehensive about this year. I always am. My heart, help, and friends go running out the door.


We accomplished a lot this summer. They grew in so many more ways than can be physically measured. We have been talking a lot about transferring those lessons to their school experience. We talked briefly about goals for the year and our last one in a list of 4 was "Be Brave!"
So begins the days of missing them, of trying to get all the chores here done so they can manage school when they get home. Of trying to mess the still present load of farm and home life with the requirements of teachers.


Standing up straight to accurately document who's taller. Aliza is so close a little more than an inch separates them. Next year I anticipate John being very close to the same height at Harold.



Brucey got up early to see what was going on. I think he is gong to miss these older kids more than me. He loves being our baby. Although he's almost not a baby.
And watching for the school bus while Harold reads.


This is not new and this is not bad just structured (which I like), and being pulled in all the different directions the kids need to go. It's a blessing to learn and a blessing to share the experience of life so off we go to become smarter, stronger, and braver. 


No comments:

Post a Comment