Friday, December 1, 2017

12.1.17 Normal

Normal is so nice when life is shattered. 
We were honored to be called to sit with  close family friend while they processed the death of their own son early Sunday morning. After some quick rest Greg headed out to talk to some close friends of the deceased. 
I was left handling hundreds of family emails/texts finally rushing out the door to church. When we sat down I realized not a head of hair was combed or face was washed. Lovely. But we were there. We managed to get through the devotions, loudly and sprawled all over but we were there. THe afternoon Greg was again checking on friends and I was feeding kids. Mark insisted we go to the neighbors/cousins and we listened to their abridged heartbreak and healing story. 
Harold raced up demanding we come quick as we had horses to chase for other neighbors. We are not horse people. 
I went my assigned post to see the 4 lovelies headed down the road then abruptly turn into a neighbors yard and obediently take up residence in their pens. The same pens we herded our awrny cows to 2x this summer. The same house I promised the owners we would not be back to. I just could not knock on that stern man's door again. So when I finally got Greg with me, he knocked and explained the situation. She mentioned how the owners had coaxed the wanderers home the last time with a bucket of grain. Lickety split we had 4 curious hungry for grain horses headed for home. Normal just normal! 


I ended the day at another neighbors who is terminally ill from cancer. It was so nice to just listen and visit with them. So nice to be on the other side of need. To be giving love.

A few days earlier we had gone early in the morning to the temple. It was awesome. The car was full of these good kids. I find so much strength and insight in the temple. I'm thankful they want to go too.


After a nice breakfast celebrating my two birthday kids we headed home. Later that night we again celebrated with their favorite dinner. Everyone helping, and snitching away.


My kind brother in law fixed my counter in the meantime and we are so thankful for all the goodness that keeps coming our way. Counting blessings is overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment