Thursday, September 29, 2022

9.29.22 Hoco John

John wanted to go to Homecoming this fall. Being a football player this dance is suppose to celebrate the team. He was prepared to ask a friend from school but when he tested the water to see if she would be interested in going with him she replied another guy had asked her and she said no. That she didn't want to go!
Well the poster to ask her was thrown in the trash and his younger brother Reed ate her candy bar. Ugh! That same girl continued to flirt and tease John for the next two weeks leading up to the dance.
John's cousin has a best friend who was willing to go with him. They conversed via phone texts and phone calls. Finally on Saturday around 11 he had the date, double, and driving figured out. They had a great time and I appreciate her flexibility. 



Bittersweet was the first girl he was going to ask was at dinner with her dad at the same place John took his date and friends with their dates. Oh well. After a long day of work and dating John finally was headed home around 11:45. At 11: 15 I had the prompting to pray for him. I was relieved when he walked in the door around 12:15. He said I wrecked the car and I have a flat tire, I fell asleep. I called him back and he explained. The next day Greg and I went to assess damages. This is the split tire. We had just retired that car this summer.  
In the field he had launched off a 5 ft slope into a hay field missed the power pole and then re entered the road crossing soem gated pipe. The pipe probably slashed the tire. I'm so thankful he didn't hit the pole. I'm thankful he was able to walk in the house un aided. I'm thankful it was our already beat up van, that is pretty easy to fix. We ordered another tire from walmart and a week later it showed up on my doorstep. The official dance pictures showed up not much later. 
The theme of the dance was star-wars.

The day before the dance was the game. His date and cousin MEgan came to watch. That was very kind of them. I was able to sit by them and visit for a few minutes. They are down to earth girls. I ventured to ask what her dress looked like as the homecoming court was announced. I was so thankful she was going to be modestly dressed. 


The coursage. This time it went in the fridge and not the freezer. Oops. 
The day of homecoming is full of class competitions. A major badge of honor is which class wins the tug of war. All of my kids have been major contenders. Mark anchored the sophomore team with John being the big man on the junior team. Mark's team won easily besting every class. 
Mark also competed in siphon tube setting. Unfortunately and much to his chagrin he placed second to Diesel Johnson. Ugh! HE was very disappointed in this.  




 LIving and learning that's the name of the game. As we age into this parenting experience we are better able to handle the ups and downs. I'm glad he went and glad he lived. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment