Wednesday, July 24, 2024

7.24.24 Garden and rafting

 Saturday we woke to ash on the cars and dusting everything. The smoke was thick and disturbing. 


I'm growing celery this year in the garden its' good not terribly fast or overabundant mostly just a novelty. 


All of the garden seems to be a novelty this year. We get up there when we can but when I wake up worrying about things I do those first and when its over 90 degrees its hard to go fight weeds. The weeds are growing really well. I think we have the bugs under control? Nothing was dead last time I was there. We have been dusting the plants and they continue to grow. 
Reluctantly we let Reed and Mark go white water rafting with the Bishop of our ward. With John unavailable this was a real hardship. Thankfully nothing broke until Saturday morning when they were scheduled to come home. Greg, addie, Millie, and Bruce were able to change the flat tire and we headed to a funeral later. 
I'm thankful for the new experiences they had a great time. Mark is in front with Reed right behind. Life is good and we are adjusting and blessed. Days are long and years are short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment