Friday, January 27, 2017

1.20.17 Endurance

Just a few more pictures to remember the great snow of 2017! The first is outside our basement window which is almost flush with ground level. 



Snow at my sisters house. Her drywall was cracking and she determined the snow had to come off. I'm proud to say we shoveled a pathway through that mountain!! I felt like the workers tunneling through the sierra nevada's. Okay I know that's dramatic but this lady has never shoveled through something so daunting. Of course my farm kids have worked through such enormous odds and so once they were focused and I was there encouraging them along they pretty easily got it done!


A little more snow coverage those are normal size vehicles parked next to the mountains of snow!!


And my witty teenagers expressing their angst! Yes this is all in exclamation points.


I personally have done little shoveling and no higher elevation work. I do however watch and I know it is muscle straining, leg burning, hand numbing work. I know that it is cold and wet and sometimes fun and sometimes miserable. I also feel the length of each of these sessions as I'm trying to corral little kids who are bored and hungry and cold, and keep the big kids working so we can go home. I also feel the pride of accomplishing big tasks and helping others. We are learning about endurance. It is not easy to endure. To keep going and to keep drawing on energy reserves you are sure are spent. Yet it's important to find the grit that is deeper than your consciousness. The lessons that 'You can do hard things' and 'Working together is the way to get big hard things done.' Are vital to the rest of this mortal experience. It's hard to be the task master and mediary, it's no fun doing all the domestic stuff solo because the big helpers are wiped out and gone. This time period has also been extremely unifying and has brought a lot of character growth to us all. But we do cry inside and moan outside when we see big white puffy flakes of snow. Ugh! It's hard to stay thankful for the snow when you feel the weight of moving it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment