Thursday, April 11, 2019

4.11.19 the younger crew

I got a text at 10 reminding me of meals on wheels then promptly forgot until I got a questioning text at 12 if we were going today. We rushed to get in shoes and coats and zoomed to town. We love meals on wheels. Most of the recipients have been on the list for years. We know their locations and we love to share some lunch. Monday is a great day for us because there is a lot to handout and we have a lot of hands!

I love meals on wheels it is an easy way to do some meaningful service and the young kids can participate fully and confidently!

At home Bruce is so thankful for older brothers who have so many neat hobbies.


Millie is my happy helper. She is reliable and smart. She is a joy to be around. 

A rare moment when dad came home when the sun was shinning. Obviously the kids are watching the scary part of the movie. Good thing dad was their for protective support.
Oh we have so many normal days not filled with huge challenges or excitement. I still feel like I am holding on for dear life trying to get the important bases covered. I'm thankful for strength and ability to endure and sincerely hope our efforts are enough. Sometimes we do far more and sometimes we do less, you can't go full speed all the time!
I loved this reminder I read just prior to conference it is the basis of my hope and confidence that we don't have to be exciting and broad or even orderly, but we are focused and holding the line:

Linda S. Reeves
said  in a general conference message from 2014:
 "Some of you have heard me tell how overwhelmed my husband, Mel, 
and I felt as the parents of four young children. 
As we faced the challenges of parenting and keeping up with the demands of life, 
we were desperate for help. 
We prayed and pleaded to know what to do. The answer that came was clear:
 “It is OK if the house is a mess and the children are still
 in their pajamas and some responsibilities are left undone.
 The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home 
are daily scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening.”

We were trying to do these things, but they were not always the
 priority and, amidst the chaos, were sometimes neglected. 
We changed our focus and tried not to worry about the less-important things. 
Our focus became to talk, rejoice, preach, and testify of Christ
 by striving to daily pray and study the scriptures 
and have weekly family home evening.

A friend recently cautioned, 
“When you ask the sisters to read the scriptures and pray more, 
it stresses them out. They already feel like they have too much to do.”

Brothers and sisters, because I know from my own experiences, 
and those of my husband, I must testify of the blessings of daily 
scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening. 
These are the very practices that help take away stress,
 give direction to our lives, 
and add protection to our homes."

I again am seeking to immerse myself in the scriptures. This practice helps me be more centered and at peace. The clutter has not changed, the crying has not ceased, and the requirements are just as heavy. Yet, I am able to work methodically through my day and prepare to share my testimony and learning with my children as they bring home problems, questions, and various trivia from their days. I am thankful for the strength to bear my burdens and to love my family as is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment