Monday, April 8, 2019

4.7.19 Picnic

Our one forray from our hometown during spring break was our annual trek to our beloved hills and the large dam. Oh so many years of going there have made this a favorite place for our family. I am happy to be helping keep the promise I made to my grandfather before he departed that we would still go to the hills even when he was gone. We had the normal bacon, beans, hotdogs, chips, vegetables, marshmallows and smores. We watched the kids play in the water and drank in the peace of being out in nature for a while. 

My mom ever the adventurer showed she could still ride a bike. She's always been a good example of trying new activities. I remember playing catch with her and my dad. They both had bikes in the garage and kept our bikes in working order. My siblings and I did a lot of bike riding when we were kids. I have not been so supportive of that endeavor, here's to doing better in the coming years.







The hills are coming to life! Traditions are such important anchors to remember the old, to enjoy the new and to give occasions to look forward to with sure confidence they will happen! I'm thankful to be part of a family that enjoys and helps make this possible. I'm happy to share the time and peace with my family and hope to be able to keep this up for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment