Thursday, April 2, 2020

4.2.20 Sacred Sunday

As I've worked to overcome my own worries I try to take some time each day to talk to others that might not have as much social contact as I do. I love these visits and so people sharing their time and insights with me. I have found that we are very blessed to just keep on having the sacrament and a pretty normal meeting. We even have enough kids to have fun primary lessons. 

I really appreciate the web ladies who put together fun, engaging, colorful, easy lessons that impart principals I want my children to understand and embrace. Aliza was a fabulous teacher and the kids enjoyed learning about what they can talk to Heavenly Father about through prayer. We then enjoyed watching the new Enos video the church put out on the big screen which was a welcome change from the small cell phone or laptop screen we usually use. There are so many helps to learn and discover the gospel.
But the best part of the day hands down was watching each of my children bear their testimonies, without prodding or the usual reluctance. Again I was thankful that for two years we have been practicing at home bearing our testimonies and that when it came to today they were articulate, thoughtful and spiritual. I am truly loving Sundays at home. The solemn reverence of the sacrament, the Large glasses of water are a change but ok. I love that we have just been able to continue on. It makes me pause and notice the gift of the priesthood in my home, one from each quorum right now. And I am thankful to not just be flopping back and forth with Greg to do the whole meeting.
Sunday was one of those moments where lots of preparation and wondering why we even try paid off. I am thankful for diligence and habits, even though I'm pretty sure it was a month ago Greg and I both wondered why we even tried as the kids resisted so much. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment