Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6.24.14 A sleepover

A few years ago we girls decided that when the boys left for fathers and sons we should do something fun too. So we went to my recently widowed grandmother's house and spent the night. For my kids who don't sleepover very often it was a real treat. We did fun things like go out to breakfast and watch a movie. It was a great time doing something different. I love watching my daughters enjoy experiences I had with my grandmother when I was younger.

My grandmother sparked this reading love we all have. I remember loving to sit in her comfortable quiet living room and reading through all the interesting magazines she had. Ones we didn't have at home and ones that taught me how to do a french twist and how to apply lipstick with liner to enhance the lip. It was mostly nice to read uninterupted in such comfortable perfect fit chairs.  My girls discovered the chairs this time.
This is my grandma Corn. She is the kind of person I work to be. From not worrying too much about housekeeping, to being kind and interested in helping others believe in themselves and develop their talents she is fun, interesting, kind, smart, and always positive. She is a major reason I have the confidence I do today.

Grandma took us to dinner. She said I deserved a break. She loves to eat out and doesn't love to cook, although she is good at it. I like to eat out and it was a nice break. The girls loved the huge pile of french fries and enjoyed teaching and playing tic-tac-toe with grandma while we waited. After our movie, Addie was insistent that she was going to sleep alone. She ended up talking with grandma in her bed and eventually falling asleep, Aliza got to sleep alone. I slept with the very wiggly little girls. Next morning fabulous Uncle Kevin showed up with warm soft fresh donuts from the best donut bakery around. YUM! Addie thought this was the perfect start to the day. We enjoyed donuts and bananas then cleaned up enjoyed the chairs and said goodbye. 


No comments:

Post a Comment