Monday, June 30, 2014

6.26.14 Killigans

On our weekly run to town we were almost done and had some extra time. I cleared it with the boss and was given permission to take the kids to a real restraunt as a reward/feast for their scholarly efforts. We generally do the jack-n-the-box route when we are in town at lunch time. However, I decided to splurge because I am truly proud of my children and want them to know that we recognize their efforts and work.


The local sizzler is under the generic name of Killigans. The all you can eat salad bar is a fun experience for kiddos so we headed there. The kids loved the spaghetti, watermelon, and anxiously eyed the ice cream bar. It was fun for them to get to choose their plates and to get plate after plate to fill.

Millie liked the bowls better than plates

We were off course the only children in the place so it was a bit nerve wracking as the seniors in the would raise an eyebrow or look then talk to each other about our crowd. But surprisingly enough as they were finishing they came and congratulated the kids on being so mannerly and polite. I was surprised and grateful. It was one of those Phew and YES moments. A little while later, another couple, after confirming these were all my children, voiced their admiration and appreciation that the kids were so good as well. Double YES! Moments like those add fuel to my fire that this is a good thing and while we are totally different, we are ok.



I had instructed Anna to take some pictures while there- I must have been getting my plate quickly because I didn't see any of this but it does make one wonder... Oh well I guess we also provided some chuckles.
My pirate knife loving son. Who's obviously straight up hillbillie!



Monkey See Monkey Do!

His brains must have been snagged in all his dinging around.


No comments:

Post a Comment