Wednesday, June 29, 2016

6.29.16 favorite things

One of the questions my midwives asked at my appointment was if i was craving things. Not much more than mint oreos...but these last few days baked potatoes make my mouth water. 
Weird! I usually just endure potatoes. But there must be something in them I need right now. Thank goodness for this handy machine, we are eating them a lot more often. This has been one of my best gifts ever! 
 A electric pressure cooker!!! Love this tool. I admit it sat in the box for almost 4 months after Christmas. I wasn't sold on its worth in my kitchen. After some prodding by Greg I finally gave it a go and have been love ever since.

Fully cooked dry beans 45 min. Frozen chicken ready to shred 30 min. Adding about 10 minutes to each cook time to each to get up to pressure and then release pressure.  Soft baked potatoes for the whole family total 25 minutes, or less if you use reds or yukon golds!! It is super easy to clean, way better than the dreaded crock pot, and very easy to use. And no hot house. Seriously if you cook much you should investigate this miracle machine. It has saved our dinner plans more than once. And it has a warm function which keeps food warm for hours. So if you eat in shifts like we do here or don't know when you will return its a meal saver that way too.
Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment