Thursday, February 2, 2017

2.1.17 Do you know the muffin man?

Today we are waiting for tonight. I have been waiting for tonight for weeks. Today is Anna's first FFA speaking contest it is also the night of the pinewood derby. knowing we won't be home I decided to channel some nervous energy making muffins. We tried a new yummy lemon poppyseed blackberry and standbys yummy muffin. Both turned out well. Bruce was excited seeing food in my hands and wiggled curiously. Millie suggested we share. I told her he could not have any yet. (He will be 5 months tomorrow). I found him crying face down on a muffin a while later.


Happy when I picked him up! Still muffin smeared.

A few minutes later he started his normal spitting this time though it was laced with poppy seeds and blackberries. He had his first taste of food and was not excited. I'm pretty sure force feeding ruins any tasting enjoyment! oh well he recovered quickly and will probably be no worse for the ware.

These little helpers are so eager to do big things. This day they were making ants on a log. Millie instructing Afton how to place the ants: "Find a space and put an ant on. Use lots!" And Millie walking around informing me how much she liked celery was pretty cute.



Life is good and fast. We continue to plod on. Here's praying and hoping for a good experience for Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment