Thursday, February 23, 2017

2.23.17 SS

This week is spirit week at school. One day was superhero day. We aren't big Marvel comic fans. However, when Harold was little I made him a SuperSaunders Cape to compensate for all the play clothes the girls had. That idea morphed into this. 



These are the SuperSaunders powered by Reading! So on the back of their custom made shirts are their labels

The Reed'er,  Stealth Mode,  Power Reader,  Super Reader,  and the BookMarker

I wanted to be a clothes designer as a kid. I loved doing puff painting and tie dye when I was a young teen. Who knew I would use it as a mom? But making these shirts last night was super fun. I love creating with my kiddos. I love making them smile. I accidentally got the youth size t-shirts instead of adult for the older 3 all but but Mark were ok with that.
A while ago my mother in-law pointed out that it would probably be the little things that meant the most to my super hard working always helping me manage girls shown here. So I've tried to pay attention to the little requests they make. Can we be picked up. Could we make a shirt? Not big or even expensive request but it means a lot to them. So thankful for all the helpful comments I get to make my parenting better.
It's good to be a SuperSaunders! Best to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment