Tuesday, February 28, 2017

2.28.17 green update

Well just to be honest and "real" I have an update on our green improvements. I listened to the 3 hour seminar and learned little- it was the longest infomercial of my life! And when the price tag popped up I was not a buyer. However, I am still on a quest to increase our greenage. Last night I was on a roll, dinner was packed with veggies courtesy of ideas from the diabetic recipe website. The soup was done just waiting for kids to come eat. I left the stove to go work with another child. Harold came in later and went foraging in the kitchen, he announced Afton had poured drained fat in to the soup. After calling for reinforcements we found she had more seriously poured in at least 1/2 a cup of sugar and cinnamon mix...we use it on toast. We did ate the soup for dinner but omitted the jam from our biscuits as we had enough in the soup. 

So life at our house follows my mother's often said quip- "You can eat any healthy food if you add enough sugar..."Gag! We eat veg soup just fine without added sugar.  


This little lady is my big helper. She is sporting burns on her hands from reaching up to iron when I left it while working on a sewing project. A burn by her eye from being too close while frying donuts and a burst ear drum as of later last night. She's a go getter not to be deterred by pain or scolding. Her favorite place to be!


And my healthy helpers. Eating grapes and oranges while bouncing. The verdict of this mornign was smoothies definitely require bananas to be yummy and no Kale in the cookies. Didn't try it just an order from the eating crew.


No comments:

Post a Comment