Saturday, January 22, 2022

1.22.22 Accomplishments

Due to Covid parents are still pretty taboo at school. Thanks to technology I was able to watch the quarterly awards assembly while I waited for Livy to complete her dental appointment. Afton has worked hard and got an award for her computer skills courses on reading and math. Millie passed the 50 states knowledge test on the first try. 
Reed made the 1000 points in AR- thank you to Louis L'Lamour. And Addie made the 4500 and 5500 point awards with her reading. She spends a lot of time helping her peers with their writing. She may be one of our more social kids. I'm impressed with her concern and mentoring of so many in her class. 
Reed mastered Banana bread in 2020 now he's working on banana bundt cake. I just gave him the recipe and a few instructions or consults on when to take the cake out and how to glaze it. 


 We all enjoyed it for breakfast this morning. Bundt cakes can be very tricky to get out of the pan in one piece. He  remembered this and reported that he sprayed the pan a lot and voila success!

I don't have a picture but the same day I made Livy take herself through the dentist routine. She went in alone checked in a had the procedure all by herself. I'm so thankful for the thoughtful staff who taught her all about the filling process. She loved seeing all the tools and learning how they are used. Livy is pretty shy and reluctant to do new things, so this was a major step for her. I was in the car with the 3 youngest watching the awards assembly.

 I rarely take the younger kids to town and never by myself especially this far along where I barely move myself around. Yet this day I got them all dressed and shod and to town on time. I was feeling pretty pleased as well. Where there is a will there is a way! We are blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment