Thursday, August 29, 2024

Cousin spend the night

Another end of summer tradition is the annual rodeo and spend the night at grandma and papa's. This was the first time in the new house with all the cousins. The kids had a great time. GIrls playing cards with my dad. 
A car load of ladies ready to go to the rodeo. 
The morning walk with grandma the kids went on new roads this year. 

Deluxe pancake breakfast outside in the nice morning sunshine after a giggle night of not much sleeping. 

Breakfast prep with lots of helpers. 


Back at home I went to the garden with Merle and Andrea to see what was happening there. What a difference a few weeks make and more water. Those zinnias have turned into large bushes these days and the pepper plants are literally falling over with weight of peppers. 
I love sunflowers and am so happy these look so healthy. The bugs love them too. I worked to plant more pollinator flowers this year and love the blooms that have finally come. 


I also adore the armful of produce with each trip home. We have been blessed with an abundance of cucumbers definitely worth the $4.00 price stage for the plant. 

In the winter months I paint the flowers in my head and in the summer I have grown them. A nice change of seasons. So much of our farm life is seasonal. A time to plant a time to harvest and a time to rest from that. Important lessons life moves on and hard times don't last and good times change too. So be in the moment with faith something new is around the corner. I'm just thankful to repeat the process again and again. We are blessed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment