Thursday, August 27, 2015

8.27.15 Living with Livy a book review

It's probably not a secret or surprise that we love books. Since my kids were little I would try to read them each one book a day. That mostly happens when they are little  as in pre-school age. Well it occurred to me last week that all those stories may just be affecting the way they think- or my kiddos are in the same stages as the children in the stories we read.

So noticing the tendencies of my little girls- I realized with have a Lovely Livy and her side-kick shadow Marvelous Millie who love and often take after Fancy Nancy- also their favorite book series.  Livy loves accessories in her hair on her arms and legs and around her neck. She loves to wear purses and must have stuff in them. Reed is becoming manly with his belt with stuff hooked on. He also carries a man wallet with a stash of cash. Such a cute difference between the sexes but the accessories are a must for both!



Now today another favorite book became apparent. Small disclaimer I don't like the artwork in these books but my children have snuck a few home and we read them. I like the story I just wish the teeth on the children weren't crocodile fangs! With that the No! David series is a reality at our house.
Because I get up with the big kids and stay up waiting for the dad and wrestle the littlest all night some nights, I need a nap! I opted for my posture perfect bed today and told the littles not to leave the house. If they take naps they don't go to bed and keep the school kiddos awake.
When I finally rose from the dead I was met with a chocolate covered baby, news that the little girls had eaten ice cream bars and left a big mess on the carpet! Oh joy. So I scrubbed the covered with chocolate happy baby. Spanked some kids and cleaned lots of carpet and will be shampooing tomorrow. Then prepared dinner and worked through homework. And mutual...

Life is busy and surprising as to what new challenge will come up. Thank goodness we have plenty to fuel our imaginations or change the mom outlook from panic to this is okay, we can handle this. Another day down. Life is short eat ice cream when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment