Tuesday, August 4, 2015

8.3.15 Lazy Days

Summer days offer opportunities not found in the business of the school year. The past few weeks have been full of work, reading and avoiding mom, and some more fun times. Last week I got a text at 11:25 a.m. saying a juggler would be performing at the library at noon. I hurried and forwarded the information on to other moms and got my crew out the door. We had seen a juggler a few years ago and the kids still talk about the experience. We were glad we made the effort. The smiles and giggles were payment enough for the effort.


Addie is sure growing up. It makes my heart sad to see her transitioning from little girl to big kid. This mom thing is going faster than I am improving. She is my pivot kid, the link between the littles and the bigs and she's quickly becoming a big kid not a little girl.
 She was pretty proud of her puzzling skills and demanded a picture. And took a selfie of her rubix cube accomplishment. She continues to be my vivacious eager beaver. The slower pace of summer is hard for her but she has been a play instructor here- teaching the younger kids games and make believe activities along with learning to do laundry, mop the floor and clean the bathrooms. If only I were as ambitious she would be learning piano but I really hate teaching beginning piano, we gotta figure something out soon though.  She's a fun kiddo.


Anna's football injury continues to be modified. The most recent improvement was a crown. It looks so nice from the black tooth that was there. She collided with a fellow students' head during a recess match-up resulting in lots of bleeding from him and half a tooth for her. The crown looks great.

And finally because it was so crazy back to school jean shopping with the little girls. They too are growing fast and needed some new clothes.  I took my 4 younger girls jean shopping... dressing room no hands and all. Sometimes, we do fun mom things. Seriously shopping with Addie for school was fun.
The girls liked all the different shoe options available. I'm sure the clerks didn't appreciate their perfectly spaced hangers and piles of clothes bunched and tipped. And that I put everything back at the checkout counter because I realized it was cheaper at the their online store. Seriously are store fronts only for sizing? Such a pain. At home online is so much quieter, less crazy-chasing kids, convenient-on my time, cheaper, easier to price compare etc. If only school supplies could be purchased with such ease.


No comments:

Post a Comment