Wednesday, October 3, 2018

10.3.18 Melting heart

IN these days of waiting for baby and wondering how are we going to do this? And wondering what life will become it melts my heart and gives me courage and peace to see pictures like these of my kids taking care of each other and enjoying simple pleasures. This fine dirt is a nightmare for housekeeping but so delightful on bare feet. It's so soft! 
I thought of the uimages of the little house on the prairie girls running down the lane as my kids emerged from exploring and waiting. They had improvised new experiences and made sure each was involved. (we take a lot of baths these days).


I love how the big brothers take care of the younger kids. Especially watching Bruce and making sure he gets in the action. He did however retain his shoes this time and missed the soft dirt between his toes. He was more intent on the farming going on than playing with the sisters. Sow e are soaking up the sun preparing for a slowdown that's coming and the winter days of enforced life indoors. Fall is a great season full of opportunity and work.


No comments:

Post a Comment