Tuesday, February 26, 2019

2.26.19 Spiritually prepared

It's very hard to not get totally discouraged with the rampant legislation that is contrary to God's laws found in the scriptures. Coupled with limitless taxation schemes and the issues that are just part of day to day living life gets very scary at times. The people that spoke on Sunday- the sermon if you will- was on persecution. As I sat there thinking they are doing a fine job communicating I wondered who they were speaking and whom in the congregation was being persecuted. But when I finally came home last night after picking up kids and running an errand or two I felt very persecuted. 
Issue number one- daring to have children. 
Issue number two- living on earth, using resources.
Issue number three- how to teach my children truth in a short hour...
I spend my days studying and studying: the gospel of Jesus Christ, politics, management systems and thoughts from inspirational women who seem to have this mom thing figured out much better than I. Sometimes I drown in information, in the overload of trying to make sense of it all. I desperately try to hear the words as they play on my phone while I cook or clean and my kids yell, scream, hurt each other, demand help, or make another mess. I get frustrated and annoyed with the disruptions. I really love my time in the morning when the house is quiet. Yet, I realize that this house that is literally screaming with life is a good thing. The goodness of kids is not something I question. They do much good and they are bright spots in the gloom. They definitely give me opportunity to learn, motivation to change, and energy to tackle the world. 

 And when the storm breathes for a few minutes and the time comes to teach them there are small snippets of peace and inspiration and learning. The mass of information comes together and we are able to learn. We have an outpouring because it takes that much to cover us all of the Spirit and we learn. I come away in awe how the lines connected, how I was prepared to answer the questions the kids had, how we were able to help them connect seemingly unrelated dots. How they are confident when challenged with their own presence on earth and how they got here. I love when I see and hear the gospel of Jesus Christ working in the life of my family. 
I love that they love each other, and are learning to love each other more kindly. This sweetie pie is getting bigger and stronger. Her sister who was responsible for her for a few moments resorted to the laundry basket hold. The same place we put her 17 years ago. Alia was happily tasting laundry while her sister worked. 
 

We had an impromptu learning session. We discovered that out of 12 children only one has a free earlobe. That's amazing to me. This kid also looks most like my side of the family. Obviously he got a bigger doze of my recessive genes. Although as I write this I am wondering if his oldest brother also has detached ears. He is a master at wiggling them. I don't think they would wiggle if they were fully attached. 

The completely attached ears. No loose lobes here. Apparently something with a process called apoptosis causes this phenomena. So glad I get to be on constant repeat of school for most of my life I do and will learn so many interesting facts I forgot from the first time.

 I know God helps us and I can witness to the power of the Holy Ghost teaching and guiding our thoughts to be prepared for things which we do not know will be coming. I appreciate the many ways to learn, printed research papers, people who send articles, discussions, scripture study, artwork, music, and stories shared. Life is going to be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment