Tuesday, July 28, 2020

7.28.20 Life with Toddlers


I am breathing deep after a long few hours of toddler messes. 


Red food coloring everywhere in my upstairs area table kitchen, hall, bathroom, tub, walls. Ugh. That followed a self decorated Vaseline covered not quite two year old and who know what else today. 


Often I just feel worn out. Some of the family that has visited are training for various races. I was asked if I wanted to do similar, I just looked over, arched my eyebrows, and said no. I try to be patient with the state we are in and just go along for the ride... cleaning and figuring out how to clean each new situation. They are charming with their sticky hugs and genuine joy. I am blessed. Sometimes I remember to take pictures. This night Bruce was helping his dad do push ups. 





I try to take time to tell these little ones how much we love them. They are precocious and keep us hoping and I really wish they were more tired but they are sweet and we are blessed to have each one. 

A quick capture of her not poking him. She loves Mrll. Can't quite spell how she says it but she loves her brother and he likes her at a distance when she is not smothering him. I see big plans in their future. 

Anna protecting him. We are in process of gathering here getting ready for scriptures one last play, tickle, tackle, run, in between combing hair or brushing teeth. We have lots of activity here all the time. 
It has been sobering to visit with friends of Greg's who have older parents like us. To hear their parents are in their late 80's when ours are decades younger is sobering. I try not to think how old I will be when this sweet babe is 8 or 18 or 38. I just know with confidence he wanted to be with us and loves us even at this tender age. I don't understand all the eternal reasons why families are shaped as they are but I have learned to be grateful for mine come as it may with all the ups and downs stains, prints, piles of dirt and assorted laundry conundrums. I'm thankful even more for the hugs and kisses that I get mixed with the scowls and growls. And look at his dimpled elbow and gentle double chin I am so proud of each little bit of padding I see on him. Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment