Sunday, July 5, 2020

7.5.20 Fathers Day

For years there was a large metal obstacle out the back way from my parents house. It waited until their was time and interest in finishing a well planned swing set. For my mother's 60th birthday my enterprising sisters organized work crews to make this dream a reality. The result has been so enjoyable. It is rare to get to enjoy flight! Yet this monstrous swing set achieves that escape. And with all the disappointment and let down of 2020 this swing is more enjoyable than it might have been. 



There is still day dreaming and scheming on the luscious lawns, but the highlight of grandma's right now is the big swing set.

Although rocks and just exploring is nice too.

Of course all that playing requires food! And of course we are not make a choice and eat one but sample of all kind of crowd. Oh there are some great cooks in the family.



The smaller swing set is not so crowded now. Possibly a bit safer for all involved.
This guy loves the swings and is now bigger than his dad and close to the size of my dad. 


My dad without his head. 
Oh fathers day. The world is such a better place with great dads. I have a super great dad. My kids have a supportive great dad and a kind great grandfather whom they see daily. There is so much need for the different style of parenting that dads bring. The rough, the tough, the tender and sincere they fill such a huge place in a child's life.
I am wordlessly thankful for the dad that I have. He encourages, reassures, teaches, and shares in so many kind ways. He is fun and has set in place traditions that are cornerstones in my children's lives. I love his quiet acts of service and noticing. He is superb at making people feel listened to and loved.

My husband is a doer and yet so wise and able to make his time count the most when most needed. He loves many and balances so many big responsibilities all the time with a smile on his face never complaining. He know how to grow confidence and righteousness. He is strong and tough yet his opinion and thoughts count for a lot with his kids. He provides what he knows is most important and lasts longest.

My father in-law is very kind and careful. He teaches by action and by stories. The kids love their grandpa and love being around him. Children go to him to be loved. He pitches in and works with the kids.
I am grateful for the men in my life who care for, protect, shape, and carry the load with me. They truly are great men.

No comments:

Post a Comment