Saturday, July 30, 2022

7.30.22 Big projects

Oh what do you do in the summertime? Well we work. We get so muddy.
They stayed up - John, Addie, Reed, Livy, Millie and Greg - until 2 one night replacing 3 gearboxes and 3 drivelines. The next morning a mere 4 hours later another driveline gearbox combo when out. When that was finished a controller was bad. It was a long day but the pivot has worked so much better in the last 24 hours so that's a relief!
Livy painted a picture for Aliza who loves giraffes. 
Entries for the summer reading program sadly we didn't win any. But we read and were edified so that is a win too. 
She's growing into a chubby baby. I'm so thankful! I'm taking enzymes to better use my food I think it's helping her too. 
After the hard stretch of repairs and the all the time fighting moss I made handpies/turnovers. I usually reserve this for Christmas but believe me success feels pretty good when such a hug problem is solved. 
I've been cleaning like really deep cleanings. Just notice the books. Greg bought me a new bookshelf as he's lived 16 years in worry the old one would fall on him in his sleep. 
 It did in fact look tidy and adult. Jobs like these make my head spin but it was so refreshing when done. 
Another constant battle a clean floor. Spills, drips, mud, life this floor holds it all. I hand mopped on my knees to get the deep tracks off but it does clean up reliably well time after time year after year.
Taking assessment of what we need and what we have in preparation for back to school. Out came the totes and a sorting we did go. We found what we needed. This too makes my head scream!


 Slowly but surely we are making progress and getting some deep cleaning, organizing, and order to our home. It's a lot to keep all this going and to do so with a tight budget. However it does work out and we always have what we need. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment