Friday, March 20, 2020

3.20.20 Family


I'm not complaining about time at home, it's a new normal and has taken some adjusting we are one week in and all still alive, doing better with being patient with each other, and getting some projects done slowly but surely. The girls have been painting or learning how tedious a project that is in a very lived in house. Wash the walls, patch the walls, sand the walls, patch some more, sand some more, clean up, not kill the little people who peel off the patches and put their fingers back into holes. Patch some more, clean-up, sand, prime, paint. All the while watching out for little fingers to play in sheet rock mud, to draw a picture on the new surface, to attack it with a screw driver or anything lying around, to dump paint, to take mud of paint to another room and see if they can do it too... it is tedious but one wall at a time we are getting some paint on walls.

 I was thankful to find Fuji apples at a local packing plant. The kids love them peeled, I guess that is a hand eye dexterity type of activity and they eat the whole thing if the skin is removed so I haven't stopped this practice.
Bruce enjoyed a red pepper I found at store, he is showing off the seeds.

All in all if this is the end of the world this is how I hoped it would go down. At home with my kids mostly within sight just living our lives. There is plenty of outside access via the internet and texts, but we have our creature comforts and we are together. I'm thankful for that reassurance. I'm thankful for years of habitual preparation and for a community that is so resourceful. Life is good just different.
There have been a lot sympathy posts for the Seniors who are missing their senior year and possibly graduation. One noted that these kids had been born in the wake of 9/11 which was a pretty scary time where people returned to their families and to God, again people are scared are forced home to their families and hopefully finding some time with God. That's an interesting place to be. I love God, I love my family, and I'm thankful both are close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment