Friday, January 11, 2019

1.11.19 Stockings

As I mentioned earlier the big kids stuff our stockings. I realized this year with my switch from toy cars and nail polish and jewelry that we would need some different stockings. For years they have just used regular socks. I checked prices and found a jumbo pack of 12 for a good deal. I laughed because this was just right for my crew size. We are a jumbo lot of fun you know! 
They arrived and waited until school was out and there was some breathing time. Anna our resident artist took paint in hand one afternoon and made those stockings unique. Everyone was delighted with her vision of them. 

We don't Alia a lot yet so her's will be added to as the years pass. John has a sword and a book.

Bruce tractor and cow, Addie a Horse. Mark tractor and corn, Anna flowers and doodles.


Amelia got butterflies, Afton a flower and Alivia a unicorn and rainbow. She was more specific and demanding I'm guessing. She loves pretty things and to copy Anna's work.


Another much needed chore is cutting hair. He loves to be big like his brothers and insists on taking his turn. Just cutting the 5 heads of hair on the males at my house saves 100 a month as I'm told hair cuts are now $20.00. With that knowledge I splurged and bought a new clipper set. Yay no more snags on those thick hairy boys that live here. Sharp blades were worth the upgrade.

And a shot of our totally kid decorated Christmas tree after the presents were distributed. They have a great time and real sense of ownership and accomplishment decorating and redecorating the tree. I keep threatening every year to get a fake one, it's so much less mess but the kids loudly proclaim no it must be real. Whatever it is from year to year it is a tradition they fully buy into. I admit it is a cozy addition to our home while it lasts. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment